Area of Intervention: Sultan Puri, Prem Nagar, MangolPuri, Rohini
The objective of Targeted Intervention Programme is to reduce the rate of transmission among the most vulnerable and marginalized population. One of the ways of controlling the disease from further spread is to carry out direct intervention programmes among these groups through multi-pronged strategies, beginning from behaviour change communication, counseling, providing health care support, treatment for STD, and creating an enabling environment that will facilitate behaviour change. Targeted Intervention is one of the most important components of the National AIDS Control Programme - Phase V.
- Behaviour Change Communication Activities for providing information on cross cutting issues that is aimed at achieving the above objectives.
- We facilitate and enable environment to practice safer behaviours
- We support and empower the target group for advocacy through Community mobilization
- We provide the information, skills and services that are necessary for prevention and treatment of Sexual Transmitted Disease infection and access STD services.
- We ensure transfer of knowledge and skills for accessing and using condoms in penetrative sexual acts are available with the target group.
- We have also been helping the target community with their HIV testing in various ICTC (Integrated Counselling Testing Centre) as provided to us by DSACS (Delhi State AIDS Control Society).